Homeowners insurance is for traditional homeowners, condominium owners, landlords and even renters. It provides liability protection against potential litigation and property coverage in case of damage or destruction to your personal property.
What Does My Homeowners Policy Cover?
Your homeowners policy provides protection for you and your family against a multitude of perils. This includes personal litigation, weather catastrophes, theft, and vandalism protection.
The following is a coverage glossary for the standard coverages included on a Utah homeowners policy*:
- Dwellings and Other Structures (such as a shed or detached garage).
- Personal Liability- Coverage in the event someone is injured at your home or you cause property damage to others.
- Personal Property- Coverage for your household contents and personal belongings.
- Jewelery and Other Valuables- Most policies include limited coverage for valuable items. You can work with our agents to increase the coverage on valuable jewelery, antiques, art, guns, and other items.
- Loss of Use- Covers living expenses over and above your normal living expenses if you cannot live in your home while repairs are being made or if you are denied access by government order.
*Please remember every policy contains exclusions, and we recommend you speak with one of our agents to learn about these exclusions and how they affect your policy.
Homeowners Program Highlights:
- Single Policy & Premium
- Worldwide Personal Property Coverage
- Customized Coverage Tailored to Your Specific Needs
- Multi-policy and Other Discounts Available